Loft conversion (duo-pitch to mansard-style open plan roof)
- Design of new joists spanning between steel beams supporting new loft floor
- Splice connection design for large span steel beams thus ease of construction
- Steel spreader plate design to allow for least intrusive beam bearings onto existing masonry wall
- Progressive collapse design for new loft floor due to terrace layout – Building Control requirement
- Load check of existing foundations (load take-down)
- Trial pit inspection on-site
All design was finally checked and drafted on AutoCAD. Structural details and sections all provided.